M.Tech. Electrical (PEPS)
Area Of Interest
DC DC Converters, Embedded Systems
1. Namboodiri Anuja, Wani Harshal; "Unipolar and Bipolar PWM Inverter" in International Journal IRST, Volume 1, Issue 7, December 2014.
Mr. Harshal Wani
- DESIGNATION:ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
- QUALIFICATION:B.E (POWER ELECTRONICS), M.Tech. (power electronics and power system)
- EXPERIENCE:7.5 YEARS
- AREA OF INTEREST:DC-DC converters, wbg devices
Assistant Professor (Power Electronics)
Vishwakarma Government Engineering College, Ahmedabad (March 2011 – July 2018)
Short Term Training Details
- Advanced Control of Modern Power Electronics Converters and Drives organized by Institute of Technology, Nirma University (ISTE) during 27 June to 02 July, 2011.
- Real Time Implementation of Power Electronics Technologies organized by Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur (TEQIP, DST & IE) during 24-28 June, 2013.
- Advanced Power Electronics and Drives organized by Walchand College of Engineering, Sangli (AICTE) during 09-20 December, 2013.
- Induction Training Programme for Engineering College Teachers organized by NITTTR Bhopal Extension Centre, RCTI Campus, Ahmedabad (AICTE, NITTTR) during 26 May to 06 June, 2014.
- Application of Power Electronics in Power Systems organized by Chhotubhai Gopalbhai Patel Institute of Technology, Uka Tarsadia University, Bardoli (ISTE) during 15-19 December, 2014.
- Basic Electrical Technology organized by Gujarat Technological University during 08-12 June, 2015.
- Optimization: Theory and Engineering Practices, ISTE and DTE Approved training organized by Vishwakarma Government Engineering College, Chandkheda during 7-19 December, 2015.
Skills and Knowledge
Tools & Technologies
- Power Electronics, Microcontroller, DSP, SiC Devices
- English (Speak/Read/Write)
- Hindi (Speak/Read/Write)
- Gujarati (Speak/Read/Write)
- Marathi (Speak/Read)
- Sanskirt (Read/Write)
Following courses are taught (Lecture and Laboratories) at undergraduate level
Undergraduate (B. E. Power Electronics)
- Principles of Power Electronics
- Analog and Digital Electronics
- Microcontrollers for Power Electronics
- Control System
- Process Control (Control, PLC including IEC61131-3, and DCS)
- Switch Gear and Fault Analysis
- Simulation Tools
- Power Electronics Practice
- Digital Signal Processors
- Advanced Power Electronic Devices
- Power Electronics Design
Passives Size Reduction for 1kW Boost Converter using SiC Devices at 200kHz Switching Frequency
SponsoringAgency: IIT Bombay
This project was aimed at testing SiC MOSFETs and Diodes at high switching frequencies (100kHz, 150kHz, and 200kHz) in a 1kW Boost Converter to observe the efficiency along with size reduction in passives as compared to Si devices. It involved the design and development of efficient gate driver circuits for SiC MOSFETs in single and Half Bridge configuration, and driving the same in a boost converter to analyze the system. This was implemented as a part of M.Tech. project at IIT Bombay.
- Delivered an Expert Lecture on "Microprocessor and Controller Applicattions for Diploma Course" at Government Polytechnic, Himmatnagar on 14 November, 2014.